Like my lack of activity on LJ in November, I also failed miserably last month at my goals. I guess getting an “A” the previous month was a one time thing because I completely bombed my month’s goals. So bad, in fact, that I wish I didn’t have to report the following.
As usual, a review of last month’s goals are shown in italic, while my comments on their success are shown below each in bold.
1. Write: 10,000 words. They don’t necessarily have to be for my current WIP, but I need to be writing more again. Plus, it’s NaNo month. Everyone else is busy busting their butts trying to write, I might as well too even if I’m not participating in the event.
FAIL: Didn’t even come close to happening. I rounded out the month with a little more than 1,000 words which is just unacceptable and sad.
2. Read: This month’s books to-be-read are CLOCKWORK ANGEL (The Infernal Devices Book 1) and THE MORTAL INSTRUMENT Series (all 3). They’re fairly large books and since I really want to write more this month I’m only shooting to finish 4 books this month. However, I did receive FALLEN (to borrow) and TORMENT (I won) and so by the end of the month I may be digging into them just because I can’t help myself. We’ll see.
FAIL: I honestly never thought a month would go by where I could actually fail this goal, but I did this month. First, I didn’t read the books I set out to read. Instead I read, FALLEN, TORMENT, and FIRELIGHT, and I started reading HALO, but I didn’t finish it in time and so I fail. SMH.
3. Book Buying: Still on lockdown. I do have one book on pre-order (George Bush’s DECISION POINTS), but Heath intends to read that first so I’ll likely add it to my December reads. Christmas is right around the corner now so buying any other books for myself would just be wrong.
SUCCESS: The only success I’ll see this month is that I didn’t buy any books from my own pocket. I did get to buy DECISION POINTS because it was already pre-ordered and I also got to buy Dark-Hunter Vol. 2 & 3, HALO, FIRELIGHT, and NIGHTSHADE via diamante_negra’s early Christmas gift, but outside of that the only other books I bought this month were gifts for other people
4. Weight: Lose at least another 5 lbs. Do something physically active at least twice a week.
FAIL: I’m not even sure why I thought I could lose weight this month considering it’s a month set on eating holiday based foods which are just fattening by default. And because of said deliciousness, I actually gained weight… so yeah, I fail.
Overall, I scored a super low “D” or a high “E” – neither of which are passing in any way, shape, or form, but to be honest I kind of don’t care this month. It’s the holiday season and my mind is definitely pre-occupied with other things so….
Bring on December’s Goals (Which will be nothing like any of the other goals I’ve had for the past couple of months)!
Goals for December:
1. Writing: Write a short story that’s Christmas themed along with my Crit Group. Word Count doesn’t matter.
2. Book Buying: No books for me, only for my friends 😉
3. Christmas Spirit & Mood: Keep it alive; don’t be dismal this month – no matter what!
So, that’s it. Only 3 goals, and fairly easy goals at that so it shouldn’t be that difficult. Once the New Year’s upon us I will have a far more determined and serious goal list, one I intend to break down in a different fashion each month to ensure that I accomplish those goals every month leading up to the ultimate yearly goal!
See you in the New Year 😉
Peace – Sarah